MAGAZINE

This "magazine" pretends to be a compilation of the best articles in knitting and crochet.
It is a virtual "note book" for the avid knitter and crochetter ... always needing to learn more.
Please read my HOME PAGE


Saturday 28 November 2015

Set-in Sleeve Calculator

by Elinor Brown

READ ORIGINAL POST HERE

Copyright: Elinor Brown



Although raglan and yoke constructions (and even Elizabeth Zimmermann’s set-in model) are seamless, I regrettfully find them ill-fitting on my body. 
Like it or not, traditional set-in sleeves just fit me better. 
However, calculating the armhole and sleeve cap shape is time consuming and rather unwieldy for patterns with multiple sizes. This winter, I designed several garments for publication with set-in sleeves. 
I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the armscye measurement, the perimeter of the armhole. 
Still, the spreadsheet required tinkering here and there and was not a very good solution. 
When I explained my frustration to Aaron, he decided there had to be a better way. 
Using Jenna Wilson’s (girl from auntie) impeccably thorough armscye tutorial in Knitty as a guide, he wrote a web application that would take in the necessary information regarding gauge and armhole shaping to produce meaningful information about sleeve cap shaping.
The application can be found for free here.






No comments:

Post a Comment