MAGAZINE

This "magazine" pretends to be a compilation of the best articles in knitting and crochet.
It is a virtual "note book" for the avid knitter and crochetter ... always needing to learn more.
Please read my HOME PAGE


Sunday 16 August 2015

MID-WORK I-CORD

MID-WORK I-CORD
NOVEMBER 1, 2012 | ELANOR

Link to the ARTICLE and PHOTOS HERE

This is a combination of I-Cord cast on and bind off such that the fabric appears uninterrupted except for a horizontal I-Cord.

At the beginning of a RS row, cast on 3 stitches.

*Kfb, k1, k2tog, slip last 3 sts back onto LH needle, repeat from * to end of row.

In the pictures below, the I-Cord is knit in a contrasting colour. There is no reason why you can’t use the same yarn throughout, this was just for demonstration purposes.

1.- Start on the RS


2. Cast on 3 sts


3.- Knit front and back


4. Now knit 1


5.- K2Tog through the back loop


6.- Pass 3 sts to the end of row


7.- Continue to end of row


8.- Continue as before


You will have added 3 or 4 extra sts (depending when you stopped). On the next row, slip the extra sts over the following st to get back to the correct number of stitches for your pattern.

The sts on the needle after making the I-Cord tend to be loose. You can tighten them up by twisting the stitches as you work them.

No comments:

Post a Comment